Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies


My mom is going to be so proud of me. Voluntary eating something that is whole wheat?! That's right, mom. Not only did I bake these delicious cookies using whole wheat, they are also Aaron's favorite baked goods out of everything I make. Even a few days old, these cookies somehow stay moist and fluffy. 

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flower\
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

Preheat the over to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, honey, brown sugar, and egg until it is smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the baking powder until well mixed, then stir into the batter until blended. 

Roll into small balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten them a little bit with a fork.

My baking sheets aren't very pretty...
Also, see the slightly flattened ball of dough in the bottom left corner? I dropped my phone on it. I guess that's one way to flatted a cookie, but I wouldn't recommend the method. 

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly toasted on the edges. 


I prefer to make my cookies on the smaller size. If you make yours bigger, the baking time will obviously be longer. For me, 8 minutes is perfect.

Once they are done...eat! Nom nom nom!


Don't worry mom, I'll bring some of these cookies at Christmas. Yes, I know Christmas is several months away, but it is never to early to start planning what baked goods you want to bring to the family gathering...I have my older sister's AMAZING chocolate cookies to compete with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment