Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yarn-Wrapped Can


Yes, a third post in a row about upcycling a can. I am in the process of slowly reorganizing my craft supplies (can I claim to be reorganizing when it wasn't organized in the first place, just all thrown together willy-nilly?). I promise my next post won't be about a tin can, I have something fun with watercolors coming up.

For this activity you will need:
-Yarn
-Hot glue gun
-Tin can (or other clean container that you want to upcycle)
-Scissors

This activity follows the same technique as the yarn wrapped lampshade I did last month. I used a fun rainbow yarn that I've had for years. It is leftover from a scarf I crocheted forever ago.


Glue the yarn to the base of the can and start wrapping! Whenever you feel that you need to secure the yarn, using your glue gun put a little dot of glue and press the yarn into it, then keep going. 


Once you get to the top, make sure to glue the yarn in place and snip off the excess.


Ta-da! It is pretty and functional! This can was the perfect size to hold my set of bic permanent markers. I love the look of yarn-wrapped items, and have an itch to see what else I can do...but my next post will be about a fun watercolor technique, I promise! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment