Thursday, August 2, 2012

Paper Roses



A few weeks ago, I went to a wedding where all of the flowers were made out of paper. It was gorgeous! I decided to try my hand at making some paper flowers myself, and made some paper roses. I did some experiementing using card stock verses regular paper, and I like the look of the card stock flowers better, but you can even use plain printer paper to make these if you don't have any heavier weight paper on hand.

Supplies:
Paper
Scissors
Pen or pencil
Ruler

Why yes, I do have a sparkly ruler with my name on it! Thank you for noticing. :)

Cut a square out of your paper  - here I cut a 4" x 4" square. Next, take your writing utensil and draw a spiral.

Cut out the spiral.

Start rolling the paper, from the outside of the spiral to the inside. Make sure to hold it tight and not let it start to unroll too much. Once you have the paper tightly rolled - let go of it. It will loosen up and taken on a more rose-like shape.



Ta-da! Isn't it pretty? You can use some hot glue on the bottom to secure the rose so it will maintain its shape. Some of the ones I made I glued and some I did not.



These are so easy and fun to make - I now have a desk drawer full of them because I'm not quite sure what I want to do with them. I'll figure something out, I always seem to.


For the flowers made out of white paper, I dipped the tops of them in food coloring and water. I love the effect!






1 comment:

  1. I freaking love youuu! I needed these for my wedding and have the worst time trying to figure them out! Thank you so much Nat! :)<3

    ReplyDelete