Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Painted Canvas - Abstract Art



I have had an extra canvas I've been waiting to do something with ever since I made the melted crayon painting. The canvases came together in a two pack and I have been wondering what I could do with them.  My fiancĂ© and I were able to decide on a project we could do together. I love it when he does arts and crafts with me. It doesn't happy very often...

Anyway, he liked the idea of painting the canvas with bright colors with random shapes to add some color to the bedroom. To start this project, we used masking tape to create lines and shapes on the canvas.


Once we both agreed we liked how it looked, we started painting. We used two or more coats of paint in each section until he was happy with how it looked. My fiancĂ©  can be even more of a perfectionist that I am!


Once the paint dried, we peeled the masking tape off to reveal the blank, unpainted canvas beneath. I like how it makes the colors stand out more on their own with a bit of a white border around it.We both like how it looks and it brings a lot of color into the room. Now to find or make a few more things to go on the walls...


No comments:

Post a Comment