Saturday, July 28, 2012

Flower Pens

I have a deep and abiding love for flower pens. They are just so happy and fun! Throughout college I used them whenever I could. I figured if I had to take notes, I might as well take notes using a pen I absolutely adored. Personally, I like to make flower pens with a smaller size flower instead of a larger one because it makes it easier to write with, (and less obnoxious when in class...).

I had a bunch of purple and teal flowers that were leftover decorations from my engagement party last weekend that had just been sitting on the dining room table all week...I figured why not turn them into something where I will continue to use and look at them!

Flower pens are super easy to make - and at least to me they are mildly addicting to make because they are so easy!

Supplies: Silk flowers, pens, wire cutters, floral tape, and  baby powder

The first step is to use the wire cutters to cut the stem of the flower so it is shorter than the pen. Some people like to cut the length so that it is nearly as long as the pen, but I prefer to cut the length to be about half of the pen.

Now start wrapping the floral tape around the pen and stem of the flower, securing the flower to the pen.

Once you are done wrapping the pen, cut the floral tape off of the roll. Your pen is probably all sticky (which is gross) right now. To get rid of the stickiness, rub a small amount or baby powder onto the pen. Now only does this get rid of the stickiness of the pen is also makes it smell...fresh? 

But you now have a delightful way to take notes, jot down a grocery list, or do whatever with! Flower pens can also make a great gift. If you make several then put it in a small flower pot filled with beans it looks pretty and it is functional!

I keep all of my pens in a flower pot. As you can see, I already had a few flower pens. I didn't need more, but they are so fun and so easy to make! I just can't help myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment