Thursday, July 19, 2012

T-Shirt Yarn Crocheted Rug


Nothing makes you more aware of how dirty your kitchen floor
 is as when you are trying to photograph it.

Last Saturday I posted a tutorial for t-shirt yarn. Well, I've made something with it! I crocheted an oval rug for the kitchen. And yes, I realize that my oval isn't exactly the right shape. I'll just claim it gives the rug character....

It is thicker and sturdier than I expected it to be, and also not as soft as I thought it would be. But it is nice to stand on when at the sink doing dishes instead of standing on the bare tile floor.

I think it would also be fun to make a basket out of the t-shirt yarn. I feel like it would be sturdy enough to hold its shape. A project for another day. :)

Since this post is super short, I'll leave you with my favorite joke of all time. It's not a good joke at all, but I love it regardless. I found it on a laffy-taffy wrapper when I was in high school.

Q: What did the fish say when it ran into a wall?
A: Dam!

No comments:

Post a Comment